Crafted with lavender to help you relax at the end of the day, with Tetrahexyldecyl Vitamin C to help repair your skin while you sleep.
- Apply to a clean, dry face
- Use before bedtime
- Apply generously and gently pat to set the serum into skin
Ingredients: Organic grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) oil, organic jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) oil, organic evening primrose oil, vitamin C (tetrahexyldecy l ascorbate), organic rosehip seed oil, organic argan (Argania spinose) oil, organic lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil, organic Roman chamomile essential oil, organic Frankincense essential oil, organic sandalwood essential oil, organic sweet marjoram essential oil, organic bergamot essential oil, and organic rosewood essential oil.
Benefits of Citri California Evening Serum with Tetrahexyldecyl Vitamin C
The evening serum is one of our favorite products to make! For this version with Vitamin C we use tetrahexyldecyl sulfate, which is a form of vitamin C that’s more stable and better able to penetrate skin to reach the dermis. By reaching the dermis, it can stimulate collagen production to help give skin greater firmness and resiliency. In addition, it helps to protect against damage due to sun exposure, lighten pigmented areas, treat stretch marks and improve skin texture. It does this safely and with minimal skin irritation. This product is great to use at night because the lavender helps you relax, and the Vitamin C helps your skin repair while you sleep.
- Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is a stable form of vitamin C that is considered an analogue of L-ascorbic acid. Unlike pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid), tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is lipid (fat) soluble. Some researchers believe this form of vitamin C has a greater affinity for skin because its fatty acid component helps aid penetration.
- Jojoba is full of nutrients like Vitamin E and B, as well as antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin.
- Grapeseed oil contains antioxidant properties that may help minimize signs of skin aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. The oil is light and can be used as a moisturizer without leaving the skin feeling too oily.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of evening primrose oil help reduce swelling, redness, itching, and rashes on the skin.
- Rosehip seed oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes, and is full of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that help combat inflammation.
- The active substances called triterpenoids in argan oil offer amazing skin protection benefits.
- Lavender works as an anxiolytic (an anxiety reliever) to increase relaxation and calm, and help bring about sleep. Lavender interacts with the neurotransmitter GABA to help quiet the brain and nervous system activity, reducing agitation, anger, aggression, and restlessness.
- Roman chamomile has hypnotic properties, promoting relaxation and may help induce sleep.
- Frankincense helps establish rituals, making it particularly useful at nighttime.
- Sandalwood has an ancient history of use for relaxation and anxiety relief.
- Sweet marjoram brings calm to a busy mind and quiet to restless thoughts.
- Known for its calming effect, bergamot essential oil signals to your system that it is time for bed by slowing your heart rate and lowering your blood pressure.
- Rosewood has a calming, earthy scent and may help reduce aches due to its analgesic properties.
All Citri products are made fresh and shipped Monday - Wednesday.